Summer season application for European students
The BAKOTA Research team is looking for one, possibly two European students to participate in this coming summer season. This season is primarily a lab season for the project, no excavation will be conducted. Please keep this in mind when consider application.
- Advanced level of English. Members of the research team are from several different countries and the general communication and documentation language on the project is English.
- BA, MA or PhD student at a European university. Priority is given to Hungarian, Romanian and Polish students.
Project dates: July 17th to August 14th, 2016
- Location: Békéscsaba, Hungary
- Participants are required to stay for the entire season duration (including most of the weekends as well).
- The project will provide food, housing and additional total 670 USD financial support.
Application deadline is MAY 15th, 2016.
All applicants will be informed of the decision by May 21st.
How to apply?
If you are interested in participating, please forward to Györgyi Parditka (email@example.com) the following:
- CV, including two references who we can contact, if necessary, about your experiences
- Current student ID
- Short description of your experiences and skills that make you a good candidate for the project
- In case of any questions please email Györgyi Parditka.
- Regional Field Survey Project
- We are looking for a student to participate in the regional field-survey project. This project aims to study the relationship between the Békés 103 cemetery and adjacent Bronze age settlements. The project will involve processing historical maps and aerial photos, travel to known Bronze Age sites for data collection and visiting museum collections in order to study Bronze Age site related ceramic assemblages.
- Recommended interests/skills:GPS pedestrian survey, GIS and database maintenance, ceramic phasing and chronology. Hungarian language.